Last Friday of the month: Finds and Faves / Shopping
It's the last Friday and last weekend of August. I can't believe the holidays is just a few months away, then shopping frenzy once again! So, before we enter the "ber" months on Monday, here's a round-up of some really wonderful Mom-Finds I've discovered and collected over the past several weeks, from home to travel items.
BUILT Kitchen Line: Oven Mitt and Mini Grip Holder
|Sizzler Over Mitt (right) @ PhP 1,195 / Mini Grip @ PhP 595|
I just received this gift a few days ago from Quirks Marketing and I'm excited to bake this weekend to test-drive my Sizzler mitt. I've been using the BUILT cosmetic pouches for quite some time now so I know this mitt, made with the same neoprene material, will be a wonderful addition to my cooking essentials. The color matches my kitchen too! There's so much more to like about the BUILT Oven Mitts:
- Made from durable, protective, stretchy neoprene (known as the diving wetsuit material)
- Textured neoprene grips heat resistant up to 500F
- Comfy, puppet style design aids in gripping hot cookware; fits either hand
- Built in “keyhole” loop makes it easy to pull on and can be hung
- PVC, BPA, latex and vinyl-free; tested for lead safety and phthalates
- Stain resistant; hand wash then drip dry
- For the Sizzler Oven Mitt (which I got) - Extra long sleeve protects almost up to my elbow
BUILT products are available in select Rustan's stores, Babyland, and other specialty stores. More products and full list of outlets here: www.quirksmarketingph.com / www.facebook.com/BuiltPh
|Bento box, starts at PhP 945 / Lunch Tote @ PhP 1,245|
Keeping It Together (KIT). Living life clutter-free. That's the mantra of KIT. For the three women partners, KIT was born out of their common love for organized packing. Last week, I was able to visit their newly opened store at 5/F SM Mega Fashion Hall and it's loaded with an assortment of home and travel solutions that are practical and budget-friendly. I still use my old travel kit here from their first collection two years ago. Their items make fantastic gifts guys and gals as well. Thanks Rachelle, for modeling your two-way pillow. =)
Here are a few of my favorite things from KIT:
- Montague diaper bags in cute printed nylon material (I bought one for my baby nephew)
- Packing cubes, wet bags, and travel organizers
- Aluminum pump bottle
- Tinted vitamin bottles - prevent oxidation of contents
- Pet square cases - for memory cards, small pieces of jewelry, etc.
- Silicon tubes with suction cap
Visit KIT stores in Greenhills Theatermall, East Bridgeway of SM North Edsa, Wellworth Department Store in Ayala Fairview Terraces, and SM Megamall Mega Fashion Hall.
More products and online ordering here: www.keepingittogether.com.ph
EUKY BEARUB Chest Rub
|SPR @ PhP 489.75 / 50g tube|
- Natural eucalyptus-based rub, cool and minty, non-greasy
- Clears stuffy nose; relieves mucous congestion
- Minor relief from muscular aches and pains
- Soothes minor insect bites
- Safe for children 2 years and above; safe for pregnant women
- Comes in a convenient, no-mess soft tube - easy to use
More products and online ordering here: www.eukybearphilippines.com / www.facebook.com/eukybearphilippines
It's been two years since we last bought a new pair of shoes for the boy. Yup, it's been that long. He doesn't really mind 'coz aside from his black school shoes and rubber shoes for P.E., he only preferred using two other slip-ons alternately. This year, he's outgrown both pairs and time to retire those hardworking shoes. He's not very picky with styles, but he's particular with comfort.
We don't buy expensive footwear for the kids since they outgrow them fast. Last week, we went to Payless shoe store coz I'm very happy with their SmartFit brand for kids.
He chose from different styles with no laces. We were surprised that he insisted on this (ugly) skate shoes with Spiderman design! We even got into an argument and he became so upset until we left the store. Where did that come from? I picked this super soft, padded, non-skid, black leather loafers for him mainly because I know he will like it -- maybe not at that moment, but eventually. The style is classic and versatile. Anyway, ended up buying the two pairs. When we got home, I asked him to fit the loafers once more. "I guess it's okay", he said.
Well, well, well... look who's been comfy wearing his loafers. Spiderman has not seen the light of day yet. =) Mommy know best!
|Sorry, I forgot the exact price of this shoes, but I know it's PhP 1,200+.|
Available at Payless Shoe Source: www.facebook.com/PaylessShoeSourcePH
ADORABELLA Accessories and Leather Organizers
|Catch-all tray and Earbud, @ PhP 100 each|
"All things beautiful you just can't help but love and adore." - Adorabella. Yup, they do have pretty adorable gifts and things, at very affordable prices to boot and proudly Philippine-made. I'm thankful that they sent me a caboodle of stylish leather organizers which I've been using since last month.
Here are my favorites from Adorabella:
- Soft, collapsible leather catch-all
- Fits bills, mobile phones, cards, coins, chargers, power packs and whatnots
- Literally catches all small clutter from my work table
- Calla Earbud Clip
- This is my second earbud clip (I won one from a raffle at a reunion dinner), the more the merrier -- different colors to choose from, so one of each member of the family
- Calix Cord Burrito
- Will all the gadget cords, chargers in our drawers and on the side table, this leather roll organizers does the trick, makes it easier to sort, de-clutter
- Very handy for traveling with your gadget accessories, even daddies will like to bring it
|SRP @ PhP 275|
More products here: www.facebook.com/AdoraBellaPH
Email to order online: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hope you'll find these products interesting too and give you ideas for the coming gift-giving season. It's never to early to scout and shop around na diba? =)
Get instant updates:
My Mom-Friday on Facebook
Follow @mymomfriday on Twitter and Instagram
Also on Google Friend Connect, or Subscribe Via Email.
I try my best to reply and answer any questions you may have on each entry so check back if you've left one. Thank you and do visit again!
(Comments with links will automatically be flagged by Disqus.)