Since we're heavy juice drinkers, I buy assorted brands and alternate them on a weekly basis. One of the products you'll find in our pantry is Welch's Grape Juice, in either the big 64 oz. (about PhP200+), or 24 oz. glass bottle (about PhP125) like that one up on the left.
A week after I bought a bottle, I got invited by Welch's to learn more about their heritage brand and have a better appreciation of this premium grape juice that we all grew up drinking.
|Clip from the presentation by Welch's|
Yes, you read that right -- a glass of Welch's already meets our daily Vitamin C requirement! Plus, it's all natural, no additives, no preservatives, and comes from 100% real fruit -- Concord grapes to be specific.
The key difference between Welch’s Purple Grape Juice and other grape and fruit juices:
- Welch’s is made from whole Concord Grapes - not available outside of America
- Have a unique taste, color, and natural sweetness
- Contains a huge amount of natural polyphenols (plant nutrients and antioxidants) that provides lots of health benefits
|Harvesting the grapes from the vast farm in Concord, Massachusetts, USA|
It's distinct bold taste, deep purple color, and natural sweetness from the Concord grapes, only found in America, set the brand apart. That is why, when I think of grape juice, top-of-mind brand for me is always Welch's.
In our Filipino-Chinese family, Welch's has been part of tradition too. We've grown accustomed to giving, and receiving, Welch's big bottle to women who just gave birth. Why?
We know that grapes are loaded with vitamins, and it's juice is a natural tonic to give warmth and nutrients to the body -- which all new mothers need to help them recover from childbirth. Welch's is the only 100% grape juice, thus, the brand of choice.
More interesting facts and some Welch's history I learned from the presentation:
- The Welch family first processed the first bottles of unfermented wine for use at church during communion
- The National Cooperative Association, Inc. acquired the company from the Welch family in 1952
- The grape growers are dedicated to producing and delivering premium-quality grape products through the years
- Welch's was first brought here in the country in the 1940s by American soldiers during wartime
Pour it over ice, or mixed with cold water, the way my family and I enjoy it.
Cheers to good health! =)
|Single-serve 5.5oz Welch's over ice!|
II'd love to know your thoughts on this post. If you enjoyed this, feel free to share it!
Get instant updates:
My Mom-Friday on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Also on Google Friend Connect, or Subscribe Via Email.
I try my best to reply and answer any questions you may have on each entry so check back if you've left one. Thank you and do visit again!
(Comments with links will automatically be flagged by Disqus.)