A vitamin a day keeps sickness at bay.
I've been taking vitamins since I was a child, and I am so thankful that I am not the sickly type. I believe that the supplements I took contributed to strengthening my immune system as I grew older. But our needs and the environment change through time.
I decided to share this post because since middle of the year, I've experienced flu-like symptoms, and irritating colds on and off. I was just not used to that feeling, and I don't like it. I'm sure that having a more stressful lifestyle plus the inevitable erratic weather conditions are what caused it. Mahirap magkasakit! Moms, you know what I mean - we hold the fort, and we just cannot afford to get sick!
J was also feeling under the weather around that time. A lot of my friends and their kids have been going through similar health issues. I think it was flu season. Once, I tweeted about having the sniffles and body aches, and ConZace was suggested to me. I called my husband to buy a pack that same day, and surprisingly, the sniffles went away the following day. I just forgot about it after that. Then, last month, I've experienced similar symptoms again and I remembered ConZace. This time, I bought more to last me a month.
What is ConZace?
- Contains the following:
- Zinc (25 mg) - A cofactor of the enzyme superoxide dismutase which is involved in the removal of harmful free radicals; required for the normal development and maintenance of the immune system; helps regulate the activity of cells involved in immune function
- Vitamin A (5,000 IU) - antioxidant which stabilizes and protects against free radicals; stimulates production of immune cells which protect the body against harmful bacteria, parasites and viruses
- Vitamin C (500 mg) - antioxidant which acts as first defense against free radicals
- Vitamin E (100 IU) - antioxidant which stabilizes and protects against free radicals; modulates the synthesis of prostaglandins important for the body’s immune response
- Helps enhance the body’s natural immune function
- Helps improve body resistance against illness and infections
- Helps the body’s antioxidant defense system against damaging free radicals
- Comes in soft gel capsule
|Value Pack = PhP 50 (4 caps. + 1 Free)|
ConZace is now part of our vitamin box, which I take alternately with another multivitamin with iron. Recently, I was able to buy a value pack at Watsons. Of course, I'm happy to share that my blog sponsor, Unilab, is the maker of ConZace. =) Recommended dosage is one capsule daily, or as directed by your doctor. You can learn more about ConZace here, and other listing of vitamins you might need from Unilab -- health is just a click away!
As a parent, I make sure my children take their daily vitamins as well, like the basic Vitamin C. We can't get all our dietary needs from the food we eat so I really believe in supplements.
"An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure." Cliche, but true. The sad reality is, no matter how we try to take care of our health, there will be days when a virus or something in the environment will just hit you out of nowhere! As a mom, I just do what I can to help strengthen our body's defenses and help lessen the frequency of our family getting sick.
What vitamins do you take?
Moms, what are your immune-boosting foods or supplements?
You might also like to check out my posts on Top Supplements for Kids and the pop rocks Vitamin C - VitaPops here!
Conzace Product Information - Unilab
I'd love to know your thoughts on this post. If you enjoyed this, feel free to share it!
Get instant updates:
My Mom-Friday on Facebook
Follow @mymomfriday on Twitter
Also on Google Friend Connect, or Subscribe Via Email.
I try my best to reply and answer any questions you may have on each entry so check back if you've left one. Thank you and do visit again!
(Comments with links will automatically be flagged by Disqus.)