I've heard about this "secret of Korean actresses" last year but just did not care enough to even ask about it nor look it up. If you've been following my blog, you know I'm just not that into beauty stuff.
|Image screen capture from www.kanebo.sg|
I've been writing about products that I really like and use, but only a handful on cosmetics. With that, I am happy to add one more to the short list with Kanebo's Freshel White C Mineral BB Cream.
This is my first time to use a BB cream = Blemish Balm (from Wikipedia), and it's all because of Mrs. Martinez' flawless look and her raves about Kanebo products. Since I'm all for quick and simple applications, I think this one might just work well for me. At that time, the product was out of stock from the outlets I frequent. Luckily, I know a family member of the local distributor so I was able to order for myself and for our blogger friends Rowena and Noemi who also wanted to try this particular BB cream.
What it does:
- Works as "essence, emulsion, cream, sunscreen, and light makeup base"
- Formulated with adhesive collagen for moisturizing effect; fruit acid mixture and citrus peel extracts for exfoliating and moisturizing care
- Non-greasy cream provides UV protection (SPF 41) and covers dark spots/blemishes
- Easily smoothes into skin for a quick matte finish
|Pea-sized amount for medium coverage of my entire face|
Since it's an all-in-one skin cream and makeup base by Japan's top beauty brand, I know it's gonna be worth it. As soon as I received my silver tube, I used it the following morning on a clean face and I'm ready to go.
- Squeezed pea-sized amount and quickly dotted my face concentrating on my dark circles around the eyes, blemish spots, and a pimple mark on the left cheek
- Cream was super fine and thick which guarantees a nice medium to full coverage, depending on amount you use
- With my fingertips, I spread cream around my face -- I noticed it dries up fast so my first application was a bit uneven, hahaha (the mark of a true BB cream virgin!)
- Face appeared to be slightly lighter that my normal skin tone with matte finish after application
- Shade neutralized once it has set several minutes after, with a dewy-moist effect
- Very good coverage, evened out my skin tone, and lightly concealed dark circles and spots
Still visible are: mole (right), chicken pock mark below the eye (right), and spider veins which will forever map my face. Though I never intended to completely mask over them since I still wanted to look as natural as possible. There was enough coverage over my problem spots.
I was very satisfied with how it felt and looked on my skin, and it did not feel heavy as I thought it would. This is an un-retouched headshot. A smooth, even matte finish with medium to full coverage.
My face remained generally "matte" during the day and simply blotted away oily spots. I only touched up once under my eyes with face powder. The following day, I tried to apply a very small amount of regular moisturizer before the BB cream and the application was smoother for me this time. :)
Freshel White C Mineral BB Cream + lash curler + tinted lip balm = I'm all set to go!
This is an amazing product. No wonder BB creams are all the rage. I highly recommend this especially to women on-the-go, for mothers like me who want a quick and simple makeup routine that will last the day, no frills, all-in-one product with sun screen.
Another variant is Freshel Moist Lift BB Cream, with hyaluronic acid. Choose the one that would suit your skin's needs.
Kanebo cosmetic products available at leading department stores and Watson's health and beauty shops.
I'd love to know your thoughts on this post. If you enjoyed this, feel free to share it!
Get instant updates:
My Mom-Friday on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Also on Google Friend Connect, or Subscribe Via Email.
I try my best to reply and answer any questions you may have on each entry so check back if you've left one. Thank you and do visit again!