"Our philosophy provides a total approach to treating and reversing skin conditions, from the most common to the most challenging, by repairing and restoring healthy skin function. Obagi treatment programs, widely praised all over the world for their effectiveness, can be used on all skin types, regardless of age, condition, or skin color." - House of Obagi
Last August 17, I was privileged to be a part of a special bloggers' night hosted by the House of Obagi (HOO). The prestigious medical skin care center carries Obagi, the number one prescription-strength skin care system in the world. We were introduced to HOO's medical director Dr. Stephen Lacson who presented Obagi 360 -- the complete Obagi system wherein the use of their product line, guided by their in-house dermatologists, will work synergistically to transform and give you 'your best skin ever'.The Complete Obagi System
- Nu-Derm Foaming Gel : gentle foaming wash with aloe vera to remove impurities, oil and make up
- Nu-Derm Toner : natural astringent with Alum, conditioning pores for optimum penetration of the skin system
- Pro-C 10% : formulated with 10% L-ascorbic acid -- a potent defense against damaging UVA and UVB rays to prevent premature signs of skin aging
- Nu-Derm Clear : formulated with lightening ingredients for more even skin tone
- Nu-Derm Exfoderm : smoothens roughness with skin exfoliating phytic acid
- Nu-Derm Blender : corrects skin at the cellular level; with lightening ingredients to improve skin's appearance
- TR Complex - 0.1% Tretinoin Cream that further improves texture and evens out roughness when used in tandem with Nu-Derm Blender
- Nu-Derm Physical Sunscreen SPF 32 : sunblock that contains 18.5% zinc oxide, protecting newer skin during transformation
- Elastiderm Eye Cream - helps replenish elastin and build collagen to reduce wrinkles around the eyes with it's bi-mineral complex, malonic acid and blueberry extract
|Obagi Nu-Derm skin care line|
Dr. Lacson actually performed my first ever Obagi Diamond Peel (which I won from Animetric's blog contest last summer, who also convinced me to go to this event), but I was just too shy to greet and approach him that night. I was completely satisfied with the treatment by the way.
I knew I can't miss my first event with HOO though I rarely attend dinner functions. Suffice to say, it was worth the effort, and time well spent as it allowed me to get to know more about Obagi's superior skin care products and specialty treatments. It did not hurt that I was at the most "lively" table of the night!
|(L-R) Me, Jen, Michelle, Nikki, Rowena|
Best thing about that night was having an Obagi dermatologist seated on each of the guest table, ready to entertain any questions we had. We had a free consultation for the whole evening! So when we were introduced to resident Obagi derma, the youthful Dr. Allan Pua, my wacky bunch of blogger friends and I did not hesitate to raise our skin concerns. He happily obliged with helpful tips and advise, and was a good sport despite having our cameras pointed at him and endlessly clicking during the whole event.
Dr. Allan Pua beauty blogger Sophie, sharing her Obagi experience
If you've been a follower of this blog, you can count in five fingers how many beauty-related posts I have here. You're assured that I only post what I really like. Even with all the good brands out there, I just want my skin regimen to be simple and basic, no frills, less fuss. So I asked Dr. Pua what's the minimum maintenance treatment for me since I don't have the patience to undergo a series of treatments. He simply advised that aside from the basic cleanse-tone-moisturize, I can benefit from their Professional C serum, have monthly facials, and take Vitamin C. A Blue Peel Radiance treatment would do me good as well with its exfoliating properties and improve my skin's texture. And speaking of Pro-C serum, they raffled off a bottle! Too bad I did not win it.
|Our loot for the night, Sunguard SPF 30|
The HOO dinner was a blast. I met top beauty bloggers, got to know what types of products and treatments would suit my skin type, and learned more about caring for my (aging) skin. Thanks to Sophie and HOO for making me a part this wonderful evening even if I am not a beauty blogger! =)
|In the company of beautiful bloggers|
Learn more about Obagi products and services by visiting any House of Obagi branch, or call (632) 81-OBAGI (62244) and ask for a their board-certified dermatologists.
I'd love to know your thoughts on this post. If you enjoyed this, feel free to share it!
Get instant updates:
My Mom-Friday on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Also on Google Friend Connect, or Subscribe Via Email.
I try my best to reply and answer any questions you may have on each entry so check back if you've left one. Thank you and do visit again!